Author Of 3 Presentations
WC1.4 - AN EFFECTIVE RATE EQUATION MODEL FOR ENERGY TRANSFER FROM RUTHENIUM TRISBIPYRIDINE TO ANTHRACENE
We employ the well-studied donor/acceptor system consisting of tris(2,2'-bipyridine)ruthenium(II) and anthracene to validate a simple rate equation model for energy transfer and subsequent dimerization of the excited anthracene acceptor.
WC2.4 - SIMPLIFIED SUM-OVER-STATES MODEL APPLIED TO ULTRAFAST NONLINEAR OPTICAL MEASUREMENTS OF TWO-PHOTON ABSORBING CHROMOPHORES
We investigate the nonlinear optical properties of a series of two-photon absorbing chromophores in the femtosecond regime using both two-photon induced fluorescence spectroscopy and the Z-scan technique. We apply a simplified sum-over-states model to the experimental data to predict nonlinear refraction.
WC2.3 - QUANTUM YIELD MEASUREMENT OF ORGANOMETALLIC COMPLEXES USING DOUBLE PUMP PROBE TECHNIQUE
- S. Tofighi (US) college of optics and photonics, CREOL
- P. Zhao (US) college of optics and photonics, CREOL
- R. O'Donnell (US)
- J. Shi (US) CCDC Army Research Laboratory
- P. Zavalij (UA) Institute of Physics NASU, Prospect Nauki, 46, Kyiv-28, 03028, Ukraine
- M. Bondar (UA) Institute of Physics NASU, Prospect Nauki, 46, Kyiv-28, 03028, Ukraine
- D. Hagan (US) CREOL, University of Central Florida
- E. Van Stryland (US) CREOL, University of Central Florida
We performed a detailed study on the triplet state absorption properties of seven organometallic complexes. The singlet-triplet conversion quantum yield was obtained based on a 6-level electronic model. We observed triplet yields of less than unity, contrary to previous reports for this class of compounds.